All patients and visitors are required to wear a mask or face covering.
To provide the safest environment for our patients, we have implemented the following precautionary measures as directed by the CDC:
Updated Scheduling Process
- An updated scheduling process to ensure social distancing in our waiting areas will be followed where visitors to the facility will be limited to only those essential for the patient’s physical or emotional wellbeing and care.
Patient and Visitor Safety
- All patients and visitors are required to wear a facemask or cloth face covering while in the facility, to perform frequent hand hygiene, and to restrict their visit to the patient’s room or other areas designated within the facility.
Staff and Patient Screening
- We assess each patient and staff member’s risk for infection with a questionnaire upon entry to our offices. If you, anyone in your family, or anyone you have been in contact with is experiencing fever, respiratory symptoms or shortness of breath or has tested positive for COVID-19, please notify us before coming to the office.
Strict Hand Hygiene
- All patients, visitors and staff will be required to follow strict guidelines for hand hygiene.
Personal Protective Equipment
- The surgical team will wear masks along with the CDC recommended personal protective equipment during surgical procedures. The non-surgical staff will wear Level 1, 2, or 3 masks.
Updated Cleaning Protocols for Patient and Visitor Areas
- Non-dedicated and non-disposable equipment (e.g., handpieces, x-ray equipment, dental chair and light) will continue to be disinfected according to manufacturer’s and CDC’s instructions. As always, handpieces will be cleaned, followed by heat-sterilization after each patient as per manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Cleaning and disinfection procedures using EPA-registered, hospital-grade disinfectant will be performed in clinical areas between each patient and to frequently touched surfaces or objects through the office. Surfaces such as door handles, chairs, desks, and bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
We appreciate your trusting us with your care. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html